Presenting the third part of “You know Korea is your home when…”
You know Korea is your home when…
- If you love the watery eyes of flushed look when Koreans drink.
- Hearing any language other than Korean or English almost shocks you.
- You’ve ever thought about marrying a Korean just to get the F-2 visa.
- If you can name three Korean newspapers in English – without the word ‘Korea’ in it.
- If you happily eat soup from a shared bowl.
- If you’ve figured out how to eat cake with chopsticks.
- See someone welding or cutting metal on the sidewalk barely merits a second glance.
- You think fecal smell while walking on the sidewalk is normal.
- Your English has actually gotten worse while in Korea.
- You stop picking off corn or sweet potato on a pizza.
- You’re no longer surprised that Koreans can dance the Swing, Lindy Hop, Jitterbug, or Argentine Tango.
- You become immune to the ajumma stare.