Prague is an enchanting city filled with old buildings, cobblestoned streets, and some of the cheapest hostels in Europe! This Czech capital is a popular tourist destination and there are lots of accommodation options to choose from. Hostels are a great option – they can help you save money and usually offer more amenities than hotels!
Whether you choose your accommodation based on location, social atmosphere, value-for-money, or whatever else, you’ll find a wide range of options in Prague. To help you narrow down the list, we thought we’d share our favorite budget backpackers in the city.
So here they are, our list of the 17 best cheap hostels in Prague!
Quick Answer: Best Cheap Hostels in Prague
Best Overall Cheap Hostel in Prague – Hostel Centre
The Best Cheap Hostel in Prague for Female Travelers – Plus Prague
Best Cheap Hostel in Old Town Prague – Prague Square Hostel
Best Cheap Hostel in New Town Prague – Mosaic House
Best Cheap Party Hostel in Prague – Sir Toby’s Hostel
Best Cheap Hostel in Prague’s Lesser Town – Little Quarter Hostel
#1 – Hostel Centre
Best Overall Cheap Hostel in Prague
- Choose from a private room or a bed in a shared dormitory
- You will receive a special discount at their partner restaurant
- Staff are very friendly and welcoming
Hostel Centre is a great option for budget travelers. The rooms are clean, modern, and spacious, and they include lockers. It is the perfect location for walking to Prague’s main attractions and there is no curfew, so you can come and go as you please! There is a lounge area perfect for socializing and a kitchenette.
Never been to Czech Republic? See our favorite places to visit for when you go!
#2 – Plus Prague
The Best Cheap Hostel in Prague for Female Travelers
- Free sauna and seasonal indoor pool
- The only hostel in Prague with a fitness center
- On-site restaurant and bar to meet your fellow hostellers
This hostel is open to everyone but is a great option for female travelers especially. There is a girls-only space called ‘PLUS Girls’ where you can enjoy big bathrooms, cosmetic tables with large mirrors, and hairdryers. When you check in you’ll even receive a complimentary cosmetic bag!
#3 – Clown and Bard
- Located in Zizkov, just three tram stops from Prague’s city center
- Surrounded by bars, beer gardens, restaurants and cafes
- Lively atmosphere and friendly staff
This Prague hostel is very affordable and has many different room options to choose from. The rooms are basic, yet clean and modern. There is a bar, an outdoor terrace and a cafe where you can relax, have a drink, and meet fellow travelers. Guests can also enjoy the foosball table and board games!
Editor’s Recommendation! These are the staff pick for the top hostels in Prague (for all budgets!)
#4 – Hostel Marabou
- Full self-catering kitchen to cook and store your meals
- Located in Prague’s Zizkov district
- Private rooms, female-only dorms and mixed dorms
The Hostel Marabou is a great value-for-money. The location is perfect, you’re just a short bus or tram ride from Old Town, or a quick 15-minute walk! There is also a beer garden and large common areas where you can enjoy a drink and mingle with fellow guests.
#5 – Brix Hostel
- Reception can help you organize all your Prague tours and activities!
- Free use of public computers and free tea and coffee available all day
- Very friendly and helpful staff
This is one of the best Prague hostels for socializing and meeting new people. There are many areas where guests can hang out! The bar has regularly scheduled events, the lounge is a great place to relax, and the outdoor patio has games and a ping-pong table! You’ll feel right at home at the Brix Hostel.
Don’t stop the party! Read up on Prague’s best party hostels too!
#6 – Hostel Dakura
- 24-hour reception, so there’s always someone there to answer your questions
- Every floor has its own self-catering kitchen
- Big lockers for you to safely store all of your valuables
The Hostel Dakura is located in a calm and quiet area of Prague, away from the loud crowds and tourist areas. However, nearby public transportation will connect you to the rest of the city within minutes! This is a great place to stay to ensure a quiet nights sleep. There are many restaurants, bars and shops nearby.
#7 – Prague Square Hostel
Best Cheap Hostel in Old Town Prague
- Fully equipped kitchen with a dining hall and free breakfast served daily
- Pub-crawl every night that picks up at the hostel
- Central located so you save money on public transportation
Located in the heart of Old Town, this is one of the best-located hostels in Prague! You’re just a short walk to many of the city’s top attractions. This hostel has lots of free amenities to make your stay as convenient and relaxing as possible. Enjoy free lockers, WIFI, maps of Prague, breakfast, and more!
Will you be in Prague a while? Here’s your guide to the top day trips from Prague for exploring the area!
#8 – Mosaic House
Best Cheap Hostel in New Town Prague
- Large buffet breakfast offered daily (small fee, purchase at check-in)
- Large selection of rooms available, from private rooms to 16-bed mixed dorm
- Lounge and restaurant located on the ground floor
This is one of the largest hostels Prague has to offer! With 55 private rooms and 42 shared dorms, you’ll have a wide range of options to choose from, and the chance to meet countless travelers! The Mosaic House has a prime location in New Town, you’ll be within walking distance to many of Prague’s top attractions!
#9 – Sir Toby’s Hostel
Best Cheap Party Hostel in Prague
- Located in the art district of Holešovice, just outside the city center
- Surrounded by local Prague bars, cafes, shops, and galleries
- One of the best party hostels in Prague with a lively atmosphere and friendly staff
Sir Toby’s Hostel is a great option for social travelers. There are regularly scheduled events that take place both in and outside the hostel where guests can mingle. From beer tastings to walking tours, this hostel will make your Prague stay as memorable as possible! They also offer a self-catering kitchen, bicycle rentals, and a 24-hour reception.
#10 – Czech Inn
- Large range of room options, from apartments to 36-bed dorms!
- Popular walking tours offered daily
- Located in Prague’s trendy Vinohrady neighborhood
The Czech Inn is located just outside the main center of Prague, only a short tram ride away from all of Prague’s main attractions! It is surrounded by hip local bars, restaurants, and shops. This hostel has its very own basement-bar featuring great happy hour specials and live entertainment!
Why are you visiting Prague? Find out where to stay in Prague based on what you want to do there!
#11 – Hostel Rosemary
- Located in the center of Prague, just across from Old Town Square
- They offer breakfast baskets every morning for a small fee
- Laundry service available for a small fee
This family-run hostel is cozy, clean, and centrally located. The friendly staff really make you feel at home and do their best to make your stay as comfortable as possible! There is a fully equipped kitchen and free coffee and tea available 24/7. There are 4 computers in the lounge area for guests to use and free WIFI runs throughout the building. Rooms are cleaned regularly; and lockers are available in all dormitory rooms.
#12 – Old Prague Hostel
- Located in the historic center of Prague
- There is a pub crawl that picks up at the hostel every night
- Free breakfast served daily
Ideally located in Old Town, If you stay at this hostel, Prague’s main attractions will be easily accessible! Their facilities include a fully equipped self-catering kitchen with dining hall, a lounge with satellite TV, DVD player and in-house DVD rentals! There are personal lockers in every room and 24-hour security!
#13 – Art Hole Hostel
- One of the most colorful hostels in Prague, Czech Republic
- Vibrant and lively atmosphere
- A friendly 24-hour staff that will help you with all of your travel needs
This trendy hostel is uniquely designed with colorful artwork. It is one of the coolest hostels in Prague city center and has a great social atmosphere! Delicious family-style hostel meals are served each night for a small fee. There is also a self-catering kitchen where guests can make their own meals and save money.
#14 – Hostel Santini Prague
- Pub-crawls are scheduled every night
- Free breakfast served daily
- All rooms and dorms have private ensuite bathrooms
This is one of the most ideally located Prague hostels, Old Town is just a short walk away! This former 17-century baroque-style building turned budget backpackers is set between the Charles Bridge and Prague Castle. There is a nice balance between clean and quiet rooms and a lively social common room for guests to mingle!
#15 – Safestay Prague
- Drinks and coffee are available 24/7
- Public launderette equipped with washing machines and dryers
- Fully adapted to disabled individuals, including an elevator suitable for wheelchairs
Safestay Prague is a brand new hostel inside a refurbished building. Located in the center of Prague, Old Town will be right at your feet! You can walk to the Charles Bridge in just 5-minutes and Prague Square in just 10-minutes! All rooms are spacious and clean. There is an interior courtyard, a basement hangout, and a cozy indoor lounge area.
#16 – Little Quarter Hostel
Best Cheap Hostel in Prague’s Lesser Town
- Located right next to the Little Quarter Square
- Bike rental services available
- Bar, cafe and restaurant on-site
This Hostel is located in Prague’s Lesser Town, which is also referred to as “The Little Quarter”. It is situated just across the river from Old Town and New Town and you can still easily walk to all of Prague’s main attractions! This property offers private rooms and shared dormitories. There is a nice common area and a beautiful terrace for guests to enjoy!
#17 – Travel & Joy Backpackers
- Multilingual staff to assist you with all your travel needs
- Reading light and a power socket next to every bed
- Free luggage storage before check-in and after check-out
This chic and trendy hostel is located in the heart of Prague. It has a traditional Czech restaurant that serves authentic Czech cuisine, and of course, lots of Czech beer! One of the coolest things about this hostel is its terrace, the perfect hidden hangout where guests can relax outside in the sun or socialize with fellow guests!
If you’re looking for cheap accommodation during your travels in Czech, Prague’s hostels are the perfect option. They’re a great value-for-money and offer so much more than just a bed to sleep in! You’ll receive a more personalized travel experience and get an insider’s perspective on the real Prague. You’ll also have the opportunity to meet fellow tourists!
As you can tell from the list above, there are some really fun and unique options available. We are positive that any one of these hostels will make your stay in Prague completely unforgettable!
***Disclaimer*** Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through the site, One Weird Globe will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me keep the site going :)