Berlin is awesome. It’s got so much amazing nightlife on offer, hipster areas with cool cafes to match, and plenty of history, culture, art and creativity that it’s hard not to love this place. And making sure you waste NO time at all getting to and from the airport makes sure you get the most out of your trip to the German capital.
Getting yourself a hostel near Berlin Airport means two things: being able to catch a flight very easily from the city, and having an affordable place to stay. The problem is FINDING those hostels in the first place. Where are they?
Don’t worry: we know where they are. So we decided to create this handy guide to the very best hostels near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin so you can make the most of being in one of Europe’s coolest capitals. We’ve made sure that there’s some great options for everyone from couples to solo travellers, too!
What are you waiting for? Let’s see what Berlin’s got to offer!
Quick Answer: The best hostels near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin
Overall best hostel near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin – Meininger Berlin Central Station
Best cheap hostel near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin – 2A Hostel
Best party hostel near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin – Circus Hostel
Best hostel near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin with a private room – Grand Hostel Berlin Urban
Best hostel for couples near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin – PLUS Berlin
Best hostel near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin to catch an early flight – Meininger Berlin Airport
Best hostel near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin for solo travellers – Grand Hostel Berlin Classic
Best Hostels Near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin
• Overall best hostel near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin •
- Cost – $$
- Distance to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin: 23 kilometres / 14.3 miles
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin walking: no way (unless you’re crazy)
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by bus: 1 hour 43 minutes (7 Euros, which is about $7.70 ish)
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by train: 37 minutes (around 6 Euros / around $6.60)
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by taxi: 23 minutes (40 Euros / $44)
A great option if you’ve only got a couple of nights in the city, Meininger Berlin Central Station is the best overall hostel near Berlin Airport. It’s right near Berlin Central Station (obviously) and has everything from bars and clubs, to shops and sights on its doorsteps. Sightseeing buses also stop close by, as well!
This hostel is totally for you if you want to stay somewhere super modern, super clean, with a great location. There’s also a nice bar to hang out in, a well-stocked communal kitchen and friendly professional staff. You should totally book up this branch of Meininger, it’s a perfect all-rounder of a hostel with a little bit of buzz, not too rowdy, and with holiday-standard cleanliness. And it’s really easy to catch the train all the way to the airport from the hostel too.
Heading to Berlin? Save some money with our guide to the coolest hostels in Berlin!
#2 – 2A Hostel
• Best cheap hostel near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin •
- Cost – $
- Distance to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin: 12.6 kilometres / 7.8 miles
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin walking: no walking route, we’re afraid (think massive, horrible highways)
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by bus: 48 minutes (about 3 Euros, which is around $3.30)
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by train: 33 minutes (3 Euros / about $3.30)
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by taxi: takes 11 minutes and costs $30 (just over $33)
2A Hostel is super near to the airport and it’s a pretty great option for someone looking for a hostel near Berlin Airport. The rooms might be pretty basic, but they’re clean and safe, and you will be able to get a good night’s sleep before catching a flight the next day. There are a selection of choices to suit your travel budget too, from dorms to private rooms for a little bit more space.
Onsite you’ll also find a big bar and guest lounge area to hang out so we think, if you’re looking for the best budget hostel near Berlin Airport this is it. The location, right near a train station, puts you in very easy reach of the airport and means that you’ll be at the check in desk in just over 30 minutes. Those travelling by themselves will like the social atmosphere of the bar and lounge, which is a decent place to get chatting to other travellers and share travel tips.
#3 – Circus Hostel
• Best party hostel near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin •
- Cost – $$
- Distance to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin: 22 kilometres / 13.6 miles
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin walking: no, you won’t be walking to the airport from here
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by bus: 1 hour 27 minutes (7 Euros, which is just over $7.70 ish)
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by train: 34 minutes (costing 8 Euros, which is a little under $9)
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by taxi: 25 minutes, costs 40 Euros (around $44)
An AWESOME place to stay if you feel like partying in Berlin, Circus Hostel ticks just about every box when it comes to letting the good times roll. It’s got a bar that will make you want to grab a drink as soon as you see it, a cool cafe, and loads of events happening basically all the time to make sure you’ll never be bored. The staff are super friendly, too and make sure the fun is always happening.
If you want to party this is the best hostel near Schoenefeld airport for you, no doubt about it. Circus is easily up there with the best party hostels in Berlin, so you’ll be able to let loose in this city (famed for its partying, of course) and then get to the airport when you need to with ease. There’s a metro and a tram stop right on the hostel’s doorstep. Bonus: it’s got a micro-brewery! What’s not to love?
Not finding the right hostel? Berlin has a selection of party hostels too!
• Best hostel for business travellers near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin •
- Cost – $
- Distance to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin: 15.5 kilometres / 9.6 miles
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin walking: nope, sorry – you won’t be doing that
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by bus: 1 hour 9 minutes, Line 171 (4 Euros, almost $4.50)
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by train: 41 minutes (6 Euros, which is about $6.60)
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by taxi: 16 minutes, costs 30 Euros ($33 ish)
Located in a trendy area of Berlin, and set in a converted hotel, there’s no doubt you’ll be finding the best hotel near Berlin Airport with a private room at this place. That’s right: Grand Hostel Berlin Urban boasts that perfect mix of hotel luxury and hostel vibes for a perfect stay in the city for when you’re away on business.
If you want to stay somewhere that strikes that mythic balance between hotel and hostel, then yes: book this place. On top of all the good stuff at the hostel, like a vibey bar and even a restaurant you’ll be able to chill in one of the well-priced rooms and wake up refreshed for your meetings the next day. This top Berlin hostel has also got a great location. It’s just a few minutes’ walk from here to storied Alexanderplatz so you’ll be able to fit some tourist activities into your work trip too.
Have some time? Get out of the city with these epic day trips from Berlin!
#5 – PLUS Berlin
• Best hostel for couples near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin •
- Cost – $
- Distance to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin: 17.2 kilometres / 10.6 miles
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin walking: we don’t think you’ll be walking this one
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by bus: there’s no route that’s worth it (go train)
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by train: 44 minutes (costing 3 Euros / just over $3)
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by taxi: 20 minutes (40 Euros / around $44)
PLUS Berlin is one of the best hostels in Berlin, we’d say. With consistently high review scores, this place will blow your mind when you turn up. We mean, who DOESN’T love a hostel with a swimming pool and a sauna? No one, that’s who. As a plus, it’s located in a heritage, too!
You should definitely book this swanky hostel if you’re travelling to Berlin with your partner for a romantic city break. A former school for fashion design (very cool) that’s over 100 years old, with all of its amazing chill out spaces and even a gallery, it honestly the best hostel near Berlin Airport for couples. The rooms are almost so beautiful you won’t want to leave your bed, but it’s the pool that steals the show. Oh, and the bar too. The bar is amazing.
Looking for a deal? Our recommended budget hostels in Berlin won’t break the bank!
• Best hostel near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin to catch an early flight •
- Distance to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin: 2.1 kilometres / 1.3 miles
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin walking: a grand total of 25 minutes (easy)
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by bus: 19 minutes (2 Euros, which is about $2.20)
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by
- Cost – $$
- train: 14 (also 2 Euros / around $2.20)
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by taxi: 2 minutes, costs 9 Euros (just under $10)
What could a better hostel near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin than being literally AT the airport itself? The perfect location for anyone wanting to be near the airport, arriving late or leaving early, this branch of hostel chain Meininger has definitely got it right when it comes to WHERE it is. There’s even a grocery store next door!
Easily the best hostel near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin to catch an early flight, Meininger Berlin Airport is the place for you if you love the idea of convenience. Also, nobody likes arriving in a new city late at night and having to do more travelling to find your hostel, staying the night here means you will be refreshed to take on the city the next day. On top of that, you should definitely book this place if you’re interested in its guest lounge (complete with pool table), restaurant and bar, as well as a communal kitchen. Even a gym!
• Best hostel near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin for solo travellers •
- Cost – $
- Distance to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin: 19.4 kilometres / 12 miles
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin walking: there’s no way you’re walking this
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by bus: bus alone doesn’t make sense, so opt for train travel
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by train: 49 minutes (costing 6 Euros – about $6.60)
- Time to Schoenefeld Airport Berlin by taxi: 19 minutes (35 Euros, which is around $38, $39)
A super-swish hostel that’s actually won a LOAD of awards (always a good thing), Grand Hostel Berlin Classic boasts a great location right in the heart of Berlin city centre. It’s perfect for a budget stay for a little bit of luxury and is packed full of atmosphere, quirky charm, and friendly fellow travellers.
You should absolutely book this place if you’re heading to Berlin solo and are worried about missing out on the fun. You should have no issues making new travel buddies at all at this hostel, especially if you want to enjoy things like super fun pub crawls, grand family dinners, buffet breakfasts and simply chilling on the outside terrace having a chat. It’s definitely the best hostel near Berlin Airport for solo travellers and makes for a great base if you’re visiting the city by yourself.
Here’s another great hostel – Check out our review of EastSeven Berlin Hostel
There really are some cool hostels in Berlin. Some of them are situated in old buildings and come complete with luxury-feeling vintage features, others are brand new and super clean. Either way, you’re spoilt for choice with the amount of cool Berlin hostels on offer.
You’re easily going to find the right place for you. Whether you want something that’s literally on the doorstep of the airport, or if you’d rather be in the action a little more, there are hostels out there waiting for you to book!
If you want our best recommendation, we would say go for Meininger Berlin Central Station. It’s easily the best hostel near Schoenefeld Airport Berlin AND has the benefit of being in the heart of the city. Perfect.
All you have to do now is choose what amazing Berlin sights you’re going to hit up and get packing!
***Disclaimer*** Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through the site, One Weird Globe will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me keep the site going :)