Over the years Denver Colorado has made a name for itself as the adventure capital of the United States. Located at the gateway to the great Rocky Mountains, your trip will be jam-packed full of adrenaline-pumping activities!
From relaxing hikes with picturesque alpine views to making waves while going white water rafting, there are so many ways to explore the American wilderness!
Even if the great outdoors isn’t quite your scene, Denver is home to one of America’s fastest-growing art scenes. This city’s creativity can be found both in their street art and their craft breweries which are popping up throughout Denver!
You will never be short on things to do while in Denver, but trying to find a hotel or hostel to suit your style of travel is sure to be quite the headache.
Get back to planning your adventure and leave the hotel hunting to us! We have all the best places to stay in Denver for all kinds of travelers!
Lace-up your boots and get ready for your journey to Colorado!
Quick Tips – Where to Stay in Denver
- River North Art District – Best neighborhood in Denver for your first time
- Capitol Hill– Where to stay in Denver close to everything
- Downtown Denver– Where to stay in Denver for nightlife
- Old Town Arvada – Best neighborhood in Denver for families
- Art District on Sante Fe – Where to stay in Denver on a budget
- Golden – Best neighborhood in Denver for couples
- Cherry Creek – Best neighborhood in Denver for Shopping
Where to Stay in Denver
Looking for a specific place to stay? These are our highest recommendations for places to stay in Denver.
Best Hostel in Denver
For all those majestic backpackers out there, you will find very few options when it comes to true hostels in the United States. While Denver also has few hostels to offer budget travelers, Hostel Fish is sure to be your beacon of light amongst many over-priced hotels. With an onsite restaurant, games room, and lounges, Hostel Fish is the only place in town geared towards travelers looking to mix and meet other backpackers!
Best Mid-range Hotel in Denver
The Hyatt Regency offers its guests a little bit of everything to ensure you have a comfortable stay in the heart of Denver! With an indoor hot tub and pool, relaxation is never too far away. Top it all off with breathtaking views of the Rocky Mountains from your hotel window, you will truly feel at one with the great outdoors even when staying downtown!
Best Luxury Hotel in Denver
If you are truly looking for a vacation that will be the trip of your lifetime then you will have to start things off right by staying at The Brown Palace! This luxurious hotel comes complete with it’s very own spa, fitness center, and even a salon. Finding a bite to eat won’t be too difficult either, The Brown Palace has several restaurants onsite meaning you will never be having the same meal twice!
Denver 7 Best Neighborhoods to Stay in
Here are your best neighborhoods in Denver! With each district of the city different from the next, be sure to look for the one that fits how you like to travel!
(Best neighbourhood in Denver for your first time!)
- COOLEST thing to do in RiNo – Visit ATC Den home of some of the most bizarre contemporary art in the country!
- BEST place to visit in RiNo – Eat your way through Denver Central Market! Chow down, drink, and shop till you drop!
On the southern bank of the Platte River, River North Art District is a small neighborhood which has attracted the attention of people from around the world! Declared as one of the top 10 neighborhoods in all of the United States, River North Art District (or RiNo) is THE place to experience the latest art movements, taste the best foods, and down the tastiest beers.
Any form of alternative or modern art, you are sure to find it in RiNo! Get ready for some of the best music you have seen in your life, mouth-watering restaurants, vibrant street art, and breweries which put the rest to shame!
- Crack open a cold one at the Great Divide brewery!
- Bike your way through RiNo with Denver B-cycle
- Chow down on some local snacks and dishes at The Source Hotel & Market Hall
- Send your taste buds to heaven and sip on some brews at the Friday night market!
- Check out some local jazz music at the Nocturne music hall!
Best Budget Hotel in RiNo
If you are looking to save a few bucks but not wanting to sacrifice comfort, look no further than this Denver Bungalow! The artsy vibes in this family homestay perfectly reflect the atmosphere of the surrounding RiNo area. With cheap beds, homey decor, and hosts that will make you feel like one of the family, this is the place for those looking to truly embrace Denver living!
Best Mid-Range Hotel in RiNo
Ditch the overpriced hotels and feel like a local while staying at Chesnut Place! These luxury apartments have everything you need to pretend that you are truly living in the bustling city of Denver. With each unit having its very own spacious living room and kitchen, it will be like you never left your home at all. The complex is even complete with a fitness center and restaurant, striking a perfect balance between hotel service and home comfort!
Best Luxury Hotel in RiNo
Located smack in-between RiNo district and downtown Denver, guests staying at The Ramble Hotel have so many options as to how to party all night long! The hotel itself will be your refuge of comfort with its in-house restaurant, fitness center, and luxurious rooms!
(Where to stay in Denver close to everything!)
- COOLEST thing to do in Capitol Hill – get a taste of the finer things in life at the Denver Art Museum
- BEST place to visit in Capitol Hill – go back to the past at the History Colorado Center
Standing in front of the golden dome of the capitol building, you are right smack in the middle of everything Denver has to offer! From the art districts to the international communities, the whole city will be laid out before your feet!
Capitol Hill is also home to tons of history and art museums, making it the perfect place to dig deep into Denver’s past and enjoy some of the best art America has to offer. Capitol Hill is also the location where many of the city’s largest festivals take place. So if you are truly looking to experience the historic side of Denver, look no further than Capitol Hill!
- Tour the Colorado State Capitol for free from Monday to Friday!
- Stroll through Civic City Park, home of some of the best food trucks in town!
- Tap your foot to the Westword Music Showcase! Held annually at Denver’s Capitol Hill
- Snack your way through Broadway Market, a food and musical hall located at Capitol Hill!
- Wander through the art galleries at Kirkland Museum of Fine and Decorative Art
Best Hostel Capitol Hill
Another one of the few hostels in Denver is Ember Hostel. Although few in number, the hostel’s in Denver are sure to knock your socks off! Ember Hostel offers a sun terrace, table tennis, and lounges that are perfect for relaxing and meeting other backpackers!
Best Mid-range Hotel in Capitol Hill
In the heart of Capitol Hill, you will have all of Denver within your grasp and the Ramada hotel is the perfect place to base yourself out of! This fancy but cost-efficient hotel pampers its guests with an outdoor pool and even a fitness center! The cherry on top is the onsite restaurant, keeping you full and happy before heading out and exploring Denver!
Best Luxury Hotel in Capitol Hill
If you are truly looking to breathe life into your vacation then nothing could be better than staying in a bed and breakfast located in a mansion. This luxurious house echos 19th-century charm and class. The decor itself is more than enough to have you want to cuddle up in the fancy lounges and enjoy high-class living!
(Where to stay in Denver for nightlife!)
- COOLEST thing to do in Downtown Denver – walk the Denver beer trail and try the best brews in town!
- BEST place to visit in Downtown Denver – go shopping at the Denver Pavillion, where you can find the best prices and the most shops!
Downtown Denver is the place to go to if you are looking to party. With tons of bars and clubs, this is the one part of town that truly never sleeps. With craft breweries and all of the best up and coming bands in the US, exploring downtown Denver is a must!
Even if you grow tired of partying every night, the clubs are just a small part of all the things downtown Denver has to offer! With malls, restaurants, and amusement parks nearby, there are so many different ways to enjoy the beating heart of the city!
- Check out the Victorian buildings and boutique shops of Larimer Square. The best place for upscale shopping!
- Drink at a 1920’s style speakeasy at the Union Lodge No 1
- Ride into the past when visiting the Denver Union Station. A train station built in 1914 now home to restaurants and shopping
- Flip through some pages at one of the best bookstores in town: The Tattered Cover
- Say howdy yall at the American Museum of Western Art!
Best Mid-range hotel in Downtown Denver
If you are looking to be in the center of the action in Denver then staying downtown at the Holiday Inn Express is a no brainer. With budget rooms and a quality night’s stay, you will truly get the most bang for your buck. The hotel offers its guests a fitness center, a restaurant, and a location which puts you just minutes away from all the best things to do downtown!
Best Mid-range Hotel in Downtown Denver
Just opposite the Denver Convention Center, Aloft Denver Downtown doesn’t just put you close to all the top things to do in town but also offers loads of fun within its doors as well! With a billiards room, onsite bar, and even a fitness center, you will find so much to do at the hotel you might not even find time to explore Denver!
Best Luxury Hotel in Downtown Denver
The Four Seasons Hotel is meant for those travelers looking to make their holiday in Denver truly one to remember. With a rooftop pool, fine dining, and a fitness center barely scratching the surface of what this 5-star hotel offers, we hope you are prepared to be treated like royalty during your stay in Denver!
(Best neighbourhood in Denver for families!)
- COOLEST thing to do in Old Town Arvada – escape the city and explore the 125 miles of hiking trails around the town!
- BEST place to visit in Old Town Arvada – visit the Arvada Center for the Arts, the best place in Arvada to see some of the work of America’s best up and coming artists!
No one travels to Colorado to be cooped up in a large city. Leave the concrete jungle behind and get back to the simple things in life in Olde Town Arvada. Located just a few minutes from the metro area, Arvada is the place to go for travelers craving that authentic small-town feel!
Other than the quaint buildings, cute shops, and homey bars, Olde Town Arvada is the perfect jumping-off point for exploring some of the many trails which snake through Denver! If you are looking to get as close to the great outdoors as possible, look no further than here!
- Learn about Denver’s own nuclear weapons facility
- Grab a cold beer at Olde Town Arvada’s Grand Lake Tavern
- Stroll down the romantic old streets of Arvada
- Start your outdoors adventure by riding horses, biking, or just hiking on the nearby trails!
- Taste something different at the Yak and Yeti Restaurant and Pub!
Best Mid-range hotel in Old Town Arvada
Needing a cheap budget room while exploring the hiking trails and the old town of Arvada outside of Denver? Comfort Inn offers comfortable beds and a luxurious stay for a cheap price. Complete with an indoor pool and even a BBQ area, this is the hotel for travelers looking to truly explore the wilderness surrounding Denver!
Best Mid-range Hotel in Old Town Arvada
In Arvada you have few options in terms of accommodation, luckily Hilton Garden Inn has you covered with low-priced comfortable rooms, just a short walk away from the old town. This 3-star hotel also has its very own fitness center and bar, making it your perfect home away from home while staying in Denver!
Best Luxury Hotel in Old Town Arvada
When staying in a small town like Arvada, you will have to stay with a family to truly understand how warm the people truly are. When booking into The Arvada Dragon Fly, you are not just checking into one of the best bed and breakfasts in town, but you are becoming part of the family!
(Where to stay in Denver on a budget!)
- COOLEST thing to do in Art District on Sante Fe – grab a bite at the Buckhorn Exchange, the oldest restaurant in Denver!
- BEST place to visit in Art District on Sante Fe – check out some of the local artist’s latest work on the weekly Friday art walk!
If there is one thing that the city of Denver is not short on, it is art. Literally every corner of this city you can find street art and galleries. If you are truly a culture vulture and are wanting to experience Denver’s booming art scene, look no further than Sante Fe. This neighborhood alone is home to over 30 art galleries just waiting to be explored!
Other than the area’s vibrant art scene, Sante Fe also has its fair share of restaurants, breweries, and even theatres to visit. With great food, cutting edge art, and with some of the cheapest hotels you can find in town, staying in Sante Fe is a no brainer
- Catch a show a Su Teatro, one of the only Latino theatres in the country!
- Try Stranahan’s Whiskey, Colorado’s first homegrown whiskey!
- Dance the night away at Black Sky Brewery, home to some of the best live music in Denver!
- Get a bit fancy with it by catching a ballet show at the Armstrong Center for Dance
- Check out the latest exhibitions at the Center for Visual Art
Best Budget Hotel in Art District on Sante Fe
Traveling in the United States is not cheap and Denver is no exception. This quaint cottage located within Denver offers beds cheaper than even the best hostels in town. The decor reminds one of home, comfortable living rooms and even a backyard will make one feel as if they are truly living the American dream.
Best Mid-range Hotel in Art District on Sante Fe
Off-Broadway is one of the best Bed and Breakfast hotels you can find within the Denver city limits. Wake up every morning to a homemade breakfast which will have you ready for a new day full of adventure. More than anything else, it is the owners that will show you what true American hospitality is all about!
Best Luxury Hotel in Art District on Sante Fe
While Sante Fe may be known for its budget hotels, that doesn’t mean you can’t spend a little bit extra for some more comfort! Towne Place Suites offers guests spacious airy rooms and top-class service! This hotel makes things even better with its own onsite restaurant and fitness center!
(Best neighbourhood in Denver for couples!)
- COOLEST thing to do in Golden – catch a concert at the Red Rocks Amphitheater
- BEST place to visit in Golden – grab a beer at the Coors Brewery, one of the largest breweries in the world!
Another great option for those who don’t’ want to be confined to the city limits of Denver, is Golden! This neighborhood echos wild west vibes, and is as close as one can get to the Rockies without sacrificing the comforts of city living. With hiking, rock climbing, and kayaking available around town, you will never have a moment in Golden where you don’t know what to do!
Even if adventure travel isn’t your cup of tea, Golden is also home to the Red Rock Amphitheatre, where some of the most iconic concerts of all time have been held! You will also just be a stone’s throw away from the Coors Brewery, known as one of the largest breweries in the world!. No Matter which way you look at it, fun awaits you in the small town of Golden!
- Take a ride on the Lariat Loop, a drive offering an authentic western experience with some of the best views in town!
- Catch a show at the local Miners Alley Playhouse, which has been in operation since 1989.
- View some art at the Foothills Art Center, a gallery located in an 1876 Gothic Church
- Learn some western history at the Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave
- Grab a beer or eat from a food truck at one of the many places around Golden that is sure to make your mouth water!
Best Mid-range Hotel in Golden
Outside of Denver is where all the true adventure lies, and when exploring the great outdoors you will need the perfect place to call home. The Silk Pincushion is a bed and breakfast which will make you feel like part of the family as well as get you on your way on your mountain adventure!
Best Mid-range Hotel in Golden
The Dove Inn will give you all of the added comforts and luxurious of the city while still in the rustic beauty of the Colorado wilderness. With its very own terrace and garden, this Inn will make you truly feel at one with Denver’s countryside. Top it all off with cozy rooms and even spacious lounges, The Dove Inn will be your perfect home away from home!
Best Luxury Hotel in Golden
Golden is already quaint and homey enough as it is, but if you are looking to really go above and beyond then Golden Hotel will give you the stay of a lifetime! With an onsite restaurant and patio seating, this luxurious hotel while have you enjoying 5-star service while being just a stone’s throw from the great outdoors!
(Best neighbourhood in Denver for shopping!)
- COOLEST thing to do in Cherry Creek – go local and explore the Cherry Creek Fresh Market
- BEST place to visit in Cherry Creek – dine at Elway’s, a former football star’s restaurant famous for its live concerts during the summer!
If you are one to window shop and frequent hole in the way boutique shops then Cherry Creek is speaking your language! This neighborhood has over 16 blocks which are packed to the brim with stores selling anything from knick-knacks to all the latest fashions! You will ever have your choice of up to 160 stores at the Cherry Creek Shopping Center.
You can only shop for so long until you need to sit down and catch your breath. Much like the rest of Denver, Cherry Creek has its fair share of amazing breweries and restaurants which you will have you looking forward to dinner every day! With so many different ways to pamper yourself, Cherry Creek is the best place in Denver to truly enjoy your vacation to the fullest!
- Shop at one of the many boutique shops such as Revampt!
- Smell the roses and explore Denver’s botanic garden!
- Grab a bite to eat at The Cherry Cricket, noted as one of the best burger joints in the country!
- Pedal your way on Cherry Creek’s bike path, one of the best bike routes in Denver!
- Sip on a beer and enjoy the outdoors at Cherry Creek Beer Garden
Best Mid-range Hotel in Cherry Creek
Being nearby the heart of Cherry Creek is just one of the few perks of staying at the Holiday Inn! This reasonably priced hotel offers luxury comfort in the form of its onsite coffee bar, a golf course, a restaurant, and even a spacious lounge. With so much jam-packed into this hotel, you are sure to have the time of your life!
Best Mid-range Hotel in Cherry Creek
The Residence Inn goes above and beyond showing their guests all of the best sides of Denver. Within the Residence Inn itself, you will find an onsite restaurant, sauna, pool, terrace, and even a BBQ area. Top it all off with the nearby shopping centers and you will have everything you need to have an amazing time in Denver!
Best Luxury Hotel in Cherry Creek
This is a 4-star stay you will never forget! The Jacquard Autograph Collection comes with a rooftop pool, onsite restaurant, as well as some of the most hospitable staff in town! If you are truly looking for a luxurious stay that pulls out all the bells and whistles then look no further than here!
Final Thoughts on Where to Stay in Denver?
Denver is an up and coming city that has many different sides to it. With some of the best hiking trails and rafting in the country, Denver could be called America’s own playground. Within Denver itself, you will find loads of art, breweries, music, and restaurants, sure to have you wanting to call Colorado your home for a little bit longer.
If you are looking for the best neighborhood in Denver you should definitely stay in RiNo. With loads of bars and restaurants, the area is just teeming with culture!
Pop on your boots or just have your beer hand free, your Denver adventure is just a few clicks away!
***Disclaimer*** Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through the site, One Weird Globe will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me keep the site going :)